Saturday, March 7, 2009

Queenstown, New Zealand

We just returned from having dinner on the wharf in Queenstown and thought I would post some more photos from biking. Our total distance for the 8 days was about 600 kms. That's the most biking I have done in 8 consecutive days!
Lunch break on Day 5 right before our climb up Haast Pass.
Rainbow views from the road just after leaving Makarora early in the morning.
John just before our last few climbs into Makaroa. See the blue sky!
The famous venison burger at Bushman's Centre. Wish I could eat one again.
A much needed water break halfway up Haast pass. It was rather hot and the water was freezing!

Tomorrow we are headed to Milford Sound after we do some shopping around Queenstown!

2 comments:

  1. Really terrific to see some photos and especially the blue sky-you should both be very proud of your accomplishment, being a first with heavily loaded bikes-fantastic! And the very best way to see, feel and smell the country. Enjoy Milford Sound- it is a very special place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting in the Ft. Lauderdale airport waiting for a delayed flight over to Marsh Harbor in the Bahamas, where I will spend a week with my sister and brother-in-law. This is the first chance I have had to read your blog and I loved it! Your trip sounds fantastic and I am impressed by all the cycling you did. Well done! Continue to enjoy...
    Aunt Marty

    ReplyDelete